A real estate transaction—residential or commercial—is a complex process involving multiple parties, often with conflicting interests. Providing effective legal counsel in such matters requires a broad range of expertise, as issues related to divorce, estate planning, asset protection, business law, and environmental and land use, just to name a few, often come up.
At Beckemeier LeMoine Law, our real estate attorneys will guide you through acquisition, financing, and closing—or sale—with your best interests at the forefront, and considering all of the surrounding circumstances. A hot real estate market increases the pace of acquisition and sale, which translates into increased risk. We are here to walk you through each step of the process, ensuring your interests are protected at every juncture.
What Is Real Estate Law?
Real estate law covers all aspects of the sale and acquisition, or lease, of property. It includes property owned by people—houses, condominiums, farms—and property owned by companies—headquarters, factories, warehouses, retail outlets, hotels, and restaurants. Most real estate transactions also include a financing component, necessitating review of loan and other documentation. Real estate law also covers how a piece of property or structure is used—land use and zoning—as well as environmental law, property management, platting and easements, and property disputes. Each type of real estate matter presents unique considerations and requires an understanding of and experience with similar transactions.
Beckemeier LeMoine Law represents developers, purchasers, sellers, lenders, investors, business owners, real estate agents, brokers, property managers, and anyone else connected to a piece of real property. We offer our clients informed and experienced legal counsel in the following areas, among others:
- Acquisitions, sales, and exchanges
- Adverse possession, quiet title, and title disputes
- Boundary and use disputes with neighbors
- Environmental regulations
- Historic preservation
- Land use regulations and zoning
- Partition and subdivision
- Real estate tax incentives and exchanges
The complexity of a real estate transaction can be daunting and even a seasoned business owner needs to know what regulations exist or have been changed, how the market has evolved, and what financing can be secured and at what rate. There are many options for ownership and financing, and with land use and environmental regulations in place, purchasing the right piece of property in the right location becomes even more important. Retaining the help of a skilled and experienced Missouri real estate law attorney who understands not just the law, but the real estate market and the intricate world of financing options, is imperative.
Acquisition, Sales, and Exchanges
The purchase or lease of property, its sale, or exchange requires multiple decisions and complex documentation to accurately, and proactively, protect a client’s interests before, during and after the transaction. Acquisition, sales, and exchanges require skilled help with the following:
- Acquiring financing on beneficial terms
- Establishing escrow instructions
- Facilitating 1031 exchanges
- Negotiating and preparing purchase and lease agreements
- Obtaining appraisals
- Obtaining environmental studies
- Overseeing the closing & transfer process
- Reviewing title commitments
- Recommending title endorsements
- Reviewing surveys and inspection reports
- Reviewing due diligence documents
At Beckemeier LeMoine Law, our real estate attorneys are available to help personal and business clients secure financing on favorable terms. We also represent lending institutions. We have experience structuring the financing aspect of a real estate deal from start to finish, including negotiating and documenting deeds, deeds of trust, mortgages, contracts of sale, sale-and-leasebacks, 1031 exchanges, and much more. Our experience in the Missouri real estate markets serve our personal and corporate clients well.
Real Estate Transactions
In the fast-paced realm of real estate transactions, a knowledgeable real estate lawyer will provide you with guidance from offer through financing and sale. Beckemeier LeMoine Law offers legal services for all aspects of buying and selling real estate, and development, so that your interests are furthered and protected, including:
- Acquiring all land use, building, and zoning permits
- Analyzing your deal for tax and land use issues, and solve any issues
- Conducting the real estate closing and transfer of title
- Devising land trusts
- Drafting and reviewing your offer and sales contract
- Drafting and reviewing your deed and title
- Drafting and reviewing your lease or rental agreements
- Finalizing your financing documents
- Negotiating real estate agreements
- Reviewing your lending documents
- Searching and clearing title
Real Estate Litigation
The escalating cost of real estate means that the stakes are high. When conflicts arise in real estate, litigation can be costly and time-consuming. These conflicts can arise in a broad range of areas, including:
- Boundary disputes
- Landlord/tenant law, including evictions and suits to collect rent arrears
- Quiet title actions
- Suits to enforce contracts for the purchase or sale of real estate
- Tax foreclosure and redemption
Our Real Estate Expertise
We have experience assisting clients in all aspects of acquisitions, sales and exchanges, including negotiating and preparing purchase and lease agreements and transfer documents, acquiring financing on favorable terms, and overseeing the closing process to ensure that the ownership transfer is properly executed.
In addition, should you find yourself involved in a conflict relating to a parcel of property, our attorneys offer expertise and experience in both real estate and all aspects of litigation and stand ready to assist. Conflicts can arise in a multitude of areas and the real estate attorneys of Beckemeier LeMoine Law will aggressively pursue your claims, or defenses, always with your best interests in mind.
Are you ready to discuss your real estate needs? At Beckemeier LeMoine Law, we have a rich history of experience helping our clients in all aspects of real estate. If you need legal assistance, contact us online or call us at 314-965-2277.